With COVID-19 affecting all industries, the team here at Jugo have been working closely with clients to help them quickly react and adapt to the new challenges. One client in particular is Paultons Park, whose very essence, like many in the leisure and hospitality sector, is social interaction.
Prior to the pandemic, Paultons Park was keen to improve visitor experience by developing its existing mobile app, powered by Attrations.io, by extending food ordering capabilities. This means customers would be able to avoid queuing by placing orders anywhere in the park, at any time.
As the situation in the UK escalated and the park closed its doors in March, the latest development to the app soon became a crucial component in Paultons reopening strategy - helping support social distancing measures and reducing the need for cash onsite.
However, for this to run smoothly, the new functionality needed to integrate seamlessly with the park’s existing systems. This is where we stepped in.
Our new integration means…
- The system will check the stock status of items at the food outlets before a customer orders, so they can’t purchase something that isn’t available.
- If a customer pre orders, the app will confirm with the customer if they’re ready for the order to be sent for prep closer to the time.
- Customers can modify their order through the app.
- The system integrates with the park’s existing kitchen management solution, which means we can let the customer know when the order has been prepared and is ready for collection.
- The park can time menus depending on the time of day.
- The customer can make an order from their table and have their meal brought to them if it’s not a collection style outlet.
- The system integrates with the park’s ticketing platform (VivaTicket), which allows season ticket holders to validate and receive a discount on their orders.
Commenting on the recent integration, Assistant Marketing & IT Manager at Paultons Park, Lawrence Mancey, said; "Since we entered the COVID-19 pandemic, we knew our park app was going to play a vital role in allowing us to reopen safely. Being able to work with first class suppliers like Jugo Systems and Attractions.io has meant we can work dynamically to integrate two of our most important systems, and provide guests with a safe and easy way to order food on the go."